Wednesday, July 7, 2010

"PEACE" White Wednesday

I'm participating in Kathleen's "White Wednesday" at Faded Charm Cottage. I've always liked the color white, especially when used in home decor. I find it calming and very relaxing.

(No there isn't a ghost in my mirror, I just smudged my self out. I was in my pajamas when I took this picture, not something you want to see!!)

Above is a vignette I created this past spring and for Easter, but I still have it up. The mirror layered on top was a thrift store find, it has an arched top and perfect amount of imperfections. The one behind it is new but bought on sale.
The picture is a garage sale find that had a brown frame and a rose colored mat. I flipped the mat over then painted and distressed the frame.
The white platter and the lamb were also thrift store finds. The PEACE and cross were gifts from dear friends.
The cloche was purchased at 50% off and the rosary was another thrift store find. The contents inside were things I had around the house and yes that is a real fern. (I think I need to paint the base white.)
My most favorite item in this vignette is the real bird's nest that I've had a couple of years. Happily it was empty when it fell out of our crape myrtle ! When I'm not using it I store it in a plastic container to protect it. Mr. E.A. thinks I'm nuts, but he's used to my nuttiness. ;-) Now head over to Faded Charm Cottage and take a look at all the other participants in White Wednesday. If you aren't already, you may just fall in love with WHITE also.

Elizabeth Ann

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elizabeth Ann,

    You've put together a charming group of treasures there!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS! I too have a thing for lambs and birds and nest! I am "nutty" too and keep those I find. BUgs, parasites and all. :)

    ReplyDelete