Sunday, June 13, 2010

I Went to CAMP!

I went along with the 3rd through 5th grade children from my church. We have attended the PassportKids! Camp since it began and I’ve been along on every trip. Next week I'll go with the Youth of our church to Passport Missions. We will spend the week doing mission work in the community.

The camp theme was "Barefoot" going along with “How beautiful are the feet that brings the Good News!”. Romans 10:15 We were asked to bring along a picture that showed something we do with our feet. Here’s what we came up with. LOVE IT! It actually goes along with the name of our church.


I loved that our camp pastor was from Liberia.



PassportKids! always has two summer interns. This year one was from Liberia and one was from Ethiopia. Sami, the Ethiopian also served as our camp missionary. Through him our children experienced Ethiopia in a way no one but a native could show them. As I watched and listened to these young men I thought how wonderful that our children have the opportunity to hear and see how God’s love stretches all over the world.
Currently I am the Children and Youth minister at my church. But after 13 years of serving it is time for me to explore other areas of service. I know I will miss this part of my life, but I’m looking forward to seeing what God has in store for me now.



In the mean time....I hope to spend more time enjoying another passion…Elizabeth Ann’s!

I will be re-arranging, re-doing, and re-stocking my booth over the next few days. Check back…I’ll have pictures. Or better yet, come see for yourself!

Elizabeth Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment