Friday, December 17, 2010

I Went to Kindergarten!

What do you do when you have 40 kindergartners
and they want to
PARTY?


Don't you love the shirt?
You paint on them of course!

Well all but this little guy, he didn't want me to paint on him.


Nope, this isn't my daughter's class, she's almost 21 years old.  This mob of cuties is my baby sister's class.  She and her co-teacher team teach a class of 40 kindergartners!!!
(Let's all stop and say a special prayer for them now.)




 I even got to have lunch with them.  Now that's a treat in its self. (I wish there was a sarcasm font.) The kids were a lot of fun, but the food....well let's just say I only had a glass of tea.

Last week Cindy, my sister, asked me to come and help the class make Christmas ornaments for their parents. While I was there I learned they were trying to earn antlers for all of Santa's reindeer, so they could have a party. 


Do you remember the reindeer's names?

You know Dasher and Dancer And Prancer and Vixen,
Comet and Cupid And Donner and Blitzen.
But do you recall The most famous reindeer of all?
Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer.

So when she asked me to come back and do face painting for their party I knew exactly what I wanted to do.  Plus I've learned that when you have a bunch of kids it's.....ALWAYS....best to limit their choices. 
Most wanted to be Rudolph but the little guy on the left wanted to be Blitzen.  So he got a black nose.


I always enjoy helping out in Cindy's classes and I have done it several times.  My favorite part is telling stories about Cindy when she was a little girl.  Because I'm eight years older than her I have some good ones!


I had a blast and I hope to be invited back.  I want to also say I admire Cindy and Tanya and all other school teachers who do what they do because they love children and want to make a difference in their lives.  Just spending time in this classroom one realizes that these two women are dedicated to doing just that.

Joyfully,
Elizabeth Ann

1 comment:

  1. What a FUN post!! The babies are so cute with their painted faces and big smiles! I just know you had a great time - can I go with you the next time? ;)

    xoxo,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete